2010-08-28

Final call for Mr. Grmpyoldman ... Mr. Grmpyoldman, plz!

or 'Sports Challenge at Copenhagen Airport' ... Hunting down the hallway from danish domestic flights from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 gate ... guess what? Yes! The really ultimate last gate D4! Including a second full security scan, while I hear my own name called throughout the whole airport for the first time in my life ... Not for the first time today, as they did not say 'last call' but 'final call'! After aeons I jump towards the gate. A steward flips a seatcard into my hands like he has trained this move more than a thousand times before. Was I glad to check in on Bornholm, so I run on, down the gangway, jump into the plane ... boarding completed. 2 minutes left. Calm down ... take a breath ... They even placed me directly behind the business class. Let's check the menu card for a cold beverage. Maybe a beer? It's after mid, so why not? ...
"Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the captain speaking. Due the traffic situation above germany, our flight has been rescheduled for approx. 55 minutes."

My vacancy has been definitely too short.

Only a missing backpack on arrival could become a sour topping on a pile of sh** ...

Btw. Just wrote this while we wait for take-off ...


Sent via K800i.